MASGLO's Shades of White for French Manicure

 Hello guys & gals! it is me again on another installment of the (now) exciting world of nail polishing! Previously I shared that I had attained a few certificates from the MASGLO Academy and that I practiced a French Pedicure (just the painting) on a guy, yes! a guy! and that he was brave enough to sport it in public for quite some time. Well, I am still awaiting for him to share his experiences here with us. I think the Boy French pedicure looked quite well on him.

The French Tips Revisited


French tips look great, don't they? at least for those of us who don't like coloring our whole nails. It would be nice to explore other colors.

The Shades of French

A white nail polish is one of the must-not-miss colors in a French Pedicure (or a Boy French). As you know, I got quite hooked on MASGLO because it was readily available, it had a great price and best of all, it is free of the 5 chemicals that would damage your nails.

On my victim I used the "Novia" (Bride) shade of white. A few days later I bought the "Tiza" (Chalk) shade of white with which I retouched a couple of the French tips of his toenails.

Although we women are used to give fantastic names to colors; although it does not work that well when it comes to choosing paint for your nails. In this situation I think it is better if there is a better way to determine the shades by some other means.

For example, in the picture above I show some of MASGLO's shades of white and that doesn't really help unless you have them in front of you. As you can see they have the following shades of white:

  • Nieve (Snow)
  • Tiza (Chalk)
  • Ejecutiva (Executive)
  • Novia (Bride)
  • Novia (Bride) which is the same as the previous but in their Fast Dry line of products.
If you like a more professional look, choose their normal BioFlex line (blue caps) rather than their Fast Dry (Secado Rapido) line.

 I am a bit confused because the "Novia" colors on the right side of the picture appear like a light tone of pink when in reality (at least in my bottle) they look white.

I used the "Novia" shade for his toenail French tips but it was a bit on the light side so I applied two (2) layers of  "Novia" for the French tip to attain a sort of discrete white that looks almost like his natural nail color on the outer edge (protruding when slightly long) of the (toe)nail. I don't know if mine looks white because it is old because by looking at the picture "Novia" appears this light shade of pink that would be suitable for the whole nail prior to painting the tips. But then I wouldn't know because my bottle actually paints white rather than pinkish.

A few days later I did a retouch on two of the toenails and used the "Tiza" (Chalk) shade instead. In my opinion, Tiza provides a darker white that is more visible. He didn't seem too comfortable with it so I didn't retouch the others.

I was considering on getting the "Nieve" (Snow) shade to replace the Bride ("Novia"). When I look at all of them side by side I think the Chalk White would go great for a French pedi/manicure for girls and that the Executive White shade would work great for a Boy French because it is more subtle.

Ways of doing the French Tips


This video was interesting but because I was doing a Boy French, I did not make thick white tips, instead I used narrow white tips on his toenails because we thought it looked more discrete and better on a guy.

From this video which I found after the deed, I used the technique of brushing vertically towards the edge of the toenail (plus the sealing). It worked quite well, especially if you are nervous and your hands aren't very steady.

Later, I used another of the techniques shown on the video by using a pice of transparent tape applied to the nail prior to painting the white edge. It makes it easier to paint the white tips without worrying about it being uneven. However, you must make sure that the tape's edge fits the nail. Some people have relatively flat nails, others have curved nails and the tape technique would give good results if the nails are flat. If on the other hand, the (toe) nails are curved, you may need to cut the tape in such a way that when applied to the surface, it gives you an even width on the French tip.


Comments

Popular Posts