I got my Manicurist Certificate!

 Introduction

My friends often asked why I never painted my (toe)nails and that comment almost always came during the #SafeSandalsSeason. The truth being that on one part I have been afraid to use chemicals on my nails and on the other, I have been more of a fanatic of the natural nail look. 

I am excited to share with you all that today I got my Manicure certificate for this short course. I would say I learned a lot, at least given my little experience with this subject. I would recommend their free courses and both my husband and I would recommend their products. I must admit I tried them on him first, and second, and third hahaha, so I must give him credit for allowing me to do his feet which I always liked, I can't imagine living with a guy with bad feet.

And look at this, three certificates in a day!

Which product?


The first I tried was their Basic Product Portfolio course. In it I got introduced to their entire line of products. I was mostly interested in the basic line like bases, colored lacquer and their top coats. They have several bases and top coats and a rich line of colors (creamy, metallic, etc.). 

For "us" I acquired the greenish-looking Lemon & Garlic base for nails in good state. I quickly found out that this base already leaves a shine on the nail which looks nice and a fast-dry top coat. I will show the results of my experiment on my "victim" whom I challenged to sport his polished nails (by me) in public. I like a guy that is sure of himself and doesn't let his ego be tarnished by what closed-minded people think, so this is his opportunity.

Manicures?

I think over the years all of this came as peer pressure, why don't you paint your nails? a French pedicure would look nice on you, etc. etc. etc. To make things worse, I never really learned the art of nail polishing. That is not to say that I have not taken care of my nails, on the contrary!

Recently, I came across this line of nail products called Masglo which is apparently made in Colombia and sold predominantly in Latin America. I/We have been experimenting with it somewhat. I also learned they had a virtual academy called the MASGLO Virtual Academy. I decided to learn a bit by enrolling in some of their free courses.



After exploring their line of products I took the Manicure course which also has a video on manicure for men. While some women may disagree with me, I think a manly man that knows where he stands can sport a manicure and/or pedicure without feeling insecure. Personally, I think it is very sexy. Then again gals & guys, everybody has a different mind and just the same way men like women that take care of themselves to be presentable, most of us also like the same in men.

Nail Diseases

All my life I have avoided getting fungus (Athlete's Foot) on my two feet and so far I have been successful. I have also been terrified of getting fungus on my virgin nails. I have never gone to a nail saloon, no matter how good they are I wouldn't trust the health of my nails to anybody (ANYBODY). 

Hands or feet with fungus are an eye sore and I really feel sorry for people going through that. I certainly don't want to ever in my life get fungus on my nails.




At the Masglo Academy they also had a short (like the others) course on nail diseases by a podiatrist. It was quite unpleasant to see those images but it was necessary for the course; I even saw things I had never seen before!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Sely! Maybe one day you do your own nails! Anyway, thanks for the interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts